Contact Us

(248) 625-5231

5929 S Main St., Clarkston, MI 48346

Grief Counselor

Jon Richey, MA, LPC
Jon Richey, MA, LPC
Wint Funeral Home gratefully welcomes grief counselor Jon Richey to the Wint Team. Jon will be working with Wint's Healing Hearts Grief Support Group starting January 2014. Jon received his Bachelor's degree from Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. He received his M.A. in Youth and Family Ministries from Denver Seminary in 1996 and his M.A. in counseling from Cornerstone University in 2009. Jon has over 20 years experience working with families.


2016 Wint Healing Hearts Grief Support Group Schedule

January 12      Emptiness After the Holidays

February 9           When Will I Feel Better?

March 8                No Group

April 12                 The Seasons are Changing, but am I?

May 10                  Why Do I Feel So Angry?

June 14                  How Can I Help Myself to Not Feel So Lonely?

July 12                   Why Do I Feel Like My Loved One is Just on a Vacation?

August 9                Why is There Such a Strong Adjustment Since the Loss?

September 13      Topic Pending

October 11            I Just Miss Him/Her! When Will I Stop?

November 10        No Group

December              Holiday Service

Wint's Healing Hearts Grief Support Group is facilitated by a licensed grief counselor.  It usually meets the second Tuesday of the month, 7:00 PM, at the Carriage House located in Clintonwood park off Clarkston Road in Clarkston. There is no registration required, it is open to anyone in the community and is free of charge. A detailed schedule of dates and topics is provided above.


Wint's Healing Hearts Grief Support Group
Sponsored by Wint Funeral Home
Survivors of Suicide/Homicide
Common Ground Sanctuary, Pontiac
Lending Library
Grief material available at the funeral home.
Social Security
At the time of need we will notify Social Security of you loved one's passing. Additional information can be obtained by calling your local Social Security office or by visiting their website at